Sep 6, 2018 | 4 min read
“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” – Douglas Adams
If as a Manager, this is what you hear on your work-floor, we don’t envy you. You’ve got quite a task on hand! Millennials (people born post 1982) make up an increasing percentage of today’s workplace. Keeping millennials engaged and committed to their work is an issue that grapples managers everywhere. You, as a Manager (and the HR team) can use a combination of continual Learning & Development (L&D) strategies, employee recognition schemes, flexible working hours, making work exciting etc to engage employees. In addition to these, there is a novel and fun idea to add to employee engagement: Temporary Tattoos. Tattoos are an ancient art form, which have gained popularity among the millennials. In the US, around forty percent of millennials have at least one tattoo, according to Pew Research Center (2015). Your organization may have strict policies regarding visible permanent tattoos, but there is an easy painless removable alternative in the form of Temporary Tattoos.
Here’s presenting the top 5 Employee Engagement ideas with Temporary Tattoos:
1. Employee Recognition Programs: Add Temporary Tattoos to your recognition programs to make them more colorful and appealing to your millennial employees. You may already be running programs such as Employee of the Week/Month/Quarter/Year Award or Star Performer Awards. Give out wackily designed Temporary Tattoos to your high-performers, along with the citations/medal/cash awards that you have planned. Millennials would love to sport these colorful and highly visible appreciation tokens, and to flaunt them over social media.
2. Organize Team-Building activities: Hold a department talent show,award winners with zany Temporary Tattoos. Plan an out-of-office fun event with your team, maybe paintball or bowling or karaoke nights. Celebrate work accomplishments and milestones with team activities. May the best team win Temporary Tattoos, along with other gifts. Out-of-office socializing is a great way for bonding among employees and increasing commitment towards the organization.
3. Celebrate Start-Date Anniversaries: Appreciate and celebrate work-anniversaries with cakes, balloons, intranet mentions and wishes, and with Temporary Tattoos. A joyful way to recognize employee loyalty.
4. Observe and Celebrate Weird Days: Plan events and dress up on real and made-up days such as World Penguin Day, National Bromance Day, National Make-up Day, Plan Your Epitaph Day, International Talk Like a Pirate Day, National Blame Someone Else Day, Random Acts of Kindness Day. You can customize and design temporary tattoos for these obscure but super-fun days.
5. Family Day:Plan and execute a fun family day for employees and their families with tasty food stalls, engaging activities, tele-matches, interactive games for kids and adults, goodie-bags and Temporary Tattoo booths. An exciting family day will help create permanent wonderful memories in your employees’ and their families’ hearts.
Ready to implement these cool ideas with temporary tattoos to engage your millennial employees? Do let us know in the comments section. If you are a manager/HR personnel/event manager wanting to use temporary tattoos for employee engagement activities/events, please write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Gumtoo has worked with reputed clients such as Deloitte, Unilever, Intel Malaysia, AirBnB, Grab for their employee events. Drop in an email and we will be happy to assist you with more ideas and designs to exceed your expectations.
Want your tattoo story to be featured? Write to us at email@example.com